Saturday, December 24, 2022

Merry Christmas

From childhood, I've always associated Christmas postcards with beautiful snowy landscapes of luminous pine forests and clear starry skies. Then came 1985, Dujan Makavejev's THE COCA-COLA KID (1985) and Greta Scacchi's scorching sex-scene dressed as Santa Claus. 

From then on, every December the 25th I picture that hot Summer Christmas in Australia, when quiet snowy dreamscapes were forever substituted in my mind for a furious tempest of downy feathers and Ms. Scacchi's enticingly beautiful breasts emerging from the classic Coca-Cola Santa costume.

So, in loving rememberance of that Christmas past, Merry Christmas you all!  

2 comments:

Gene Phillips said...

I'll have to check out the film, which might be easier to find in these streaming days.

There is something appealing about hot women in costumes of either Santa or Santa-elves. It doesn't sound like it ought to work, but it does. The only example that comes to mind, though, is an episode of the jokey soap opera Passions, in which some doppelganger of Santa shows up to make trouble, in the company of two sexy helper-elves whom he calls his "ho-ho-hoes!"

A. Sherman Barros said...

Hi, Gene,

" It doesn't sound like it ought to work, but it does."

Indeed it does. I guess it has something to do with the (adult) eroticization of youthful memories. Something akin to see adult women dressed as comics characters (cosplay) or, even better, as children, e.g. Wonderland's Alice, Oz's Dorothy and so forth.
I've been meaning to write a post about this phenomenon for some time, but I either lack the time or the proper line of reasoning to tackle the subject.
But I haven't quit yet (although an essay from you on those lines would be a great read, I'm sure).

As to THE COCA-COLA KID, I think you should check it out. I won't say it is a great film (it isn´t) but it has great momments and has been a cult favorite of mine since I fisrt saw it. The (fictional) Coca-Cola jingle that serves as the film's theme is just absolutely fantastic, and it's one of the few instances where you can say Eric Roberts is wonderful in his portrayal of a cold self-secure fixit-man feeling totally as a fish out of water.

And, of course, it has Greta Scacchi naked a couple of times, in a time when she was at the prime of her beauty. I fell in love with her when I first saw this film around 1986 or 1987.